Monday, April 29, 2013

Introduction

It seems that there is quite a lot of bad information available to parents, these days. Do vaccines really cause autism? Is formula just as good as breastmilk? What can I do to make this baby SLEEP?! Everyone has an opinion. But evidence based science has always been there for us, even if we choose to ignore it. One by one, I'll tackle all the parenting questions I can, digging deep into scientific literature to find the most up-to-date answers* I can find.

Why?

Because I know every parent wants to do 'right' by their child, but there is so much (mis)information available that your average Mom, Dad, Grandparent, Aunt, Uncle, or other caregiver is drowning. Which end is up?

I intend to decode the latest science on parenting choices and break them down into bite-size, jargon free language.

With that said, I welcome any questions, sane discourse, and disagreements. After all, science would not exist if we could not look at the world around us critically.

(*"answers" is a subjective term, not meant to imply the be-all end-all of parenting knowledge)

No comments:

Post a Comment